Cross Street Market Website

Avenue Market - Estd. 1786

The Avenue Market, formerly known as Lafayette Market, opened in 1871. After a 1953 fire, merchants continued business in a makeshift shed until the new location opened across the street in 1957. Lafayette Market ended its run in 1996 when a complete renovation turned it into today’s Avenue Market. The 34,000-square-foot market features a variety of products, regularly offering produce from local growers, and scheduled family-friendly activities for community residents, institutions and visitors.